Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adrift on MTL...Dead in the water!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adrift on MTL...Dead in the water!!!

Louise and I fished on Saturday 8-10, and had a decent day...caught a lot of dinks and some keepers. We got a late start because I had to work. Tried out our new trolling set up...caught a nice bass (shoulda sold it to one of the guys fishin' the bass tourney), but no crappie. By the time we got on the water, it was already like a washing machine. Tubers and skiers seeing how big of a wake they could throw at us. Stopped trolling to dip trees for a while. Got tired of fighting the wakes, so we headed to Ely Branch...VERY rough in a flat bottom boat and we took a few good shots from the wakes. We get to Ely and the trolling motor stopped working...Damn!!!
    Fished a short time and headed in to Robt Allen. On the way we took some more hard shots from wakes. All of a sudden the main motor quits and now we're dead in the water.
    I start paddling, Louise starts waving a white towel, trying to wave someone down...no one stops to help. We get to the island and a husband and wife saw our struggles and towed us in. Thank you to those folks and may God bless.
    Took the boar to West Perry Boat & Motor, they had the problem diagnosed the problem in no time and fixed for a very reasonable cost. Kudos to the boys at West Perry Boat and Motor!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

West Perry B&M is good about helping people out. My buddy and I went up one time and his water pump went out, they had us back on the water in an hour. By the same token 154 marine had my boat back on the water in an hour when I had trouble. Good folks at both places!!!

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! Glad you made it in OK!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it all worked out.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

glad it worked out for you, but shame on the ones who did not stop, that is just not right, nope not right.

Post Thanks / Like

And for those who looked right at us and kept going...RASBERRIES to you and may all your children be born naked!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

bet it was the ones that where there to play that passed you up. Fishing people usually stop and help.

Post Thanks / Like

perchplucker, you're right on the money.

Post Thanks / Like

good folks at West Perry. Have heard the same about those at 154 as well. Glad you finally found some one to help ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you finally got some help, having no power is no fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast