Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Want to know HD fishing report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Want to know HD fishing report

I've been out of it for the past two months painting my house. Planning at least 3 outings to Hillsdale over the next couple weeks.

I checked the board and don't see any postings in the recent month for HD. What's new? Anyone care to report where to start my search, depths, types of jigs to use?

Last time I was out there, the spawn was going on and it was hard not to catch at least a few every trip. Got a feeling it's going to be a different ball game now.

I'll be sure to report back my findings.

Post Thanks / Like

I went but it was night fishing. Did good in the trees 22 fow. Pretty much drop a live bait down and slowly bring it up. Had some nice keepers. We caught some jigging also. 32nd and electric chicken

I haven't fished during the day time yet there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dester223 View Post
    32nd and electric chicken
    Dester, thanks for reporting, but I'm not familiar with this terminology. Can you please explain?

Post Thanks / Like

1/32 jig head. And electric chicken was the color of the grub. Made by bobby garland

Post Thanks / Like

I fished 8-2 from noon until 3 PM. I caught 7 in about 30 minutes in the trees by the crites ramp where a road bed intersected a channel. I used minnows in 30 feet of water, about 9-15 feet down. Lively minnows got the best bite by far.

JW

Post Thanks / Like

I fished HD Friday afternoon until almost dark and Saturday morning until about 1pm. I took my son and we had no issue catching lot's of fish on 1/16 oz jigs tipped with a live minnnow...we just couldn't catch a fish 10" or better. Two days and not one 10" fish. We went through 5 dozen minnows both days...makes fishing expensive...over $30 on minnows. Dipped trees and tried a few brush piles with same results. I spoke to a couple guys mid Saturday morning who said they had 12-13 fish in the livewell but we had no such luck. Schools of fry or baitfish were everywhere at or near the surface.