Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: switch-over device for 2 transducers

Post Thanks / Like

Default switch-over device for 2 transducers

I bought a HDS9 GEN2 Touch and mounted the Sonar on the trolling motor and the structure scan transducer on the bow. I am going to mount another transducer on the stern for the structure scan so I can switch to either transducer. I would like to know if there is a switch-over device for such a configuration (which I doubt). I plan to make one in the event there is no such device. I am also interested if there would be any problems with switching from one transducer to another? I would guess that the unit would have to be turned off with nothing electrical on before switching transducers. Anyone have any thoughts on possible problems?

SacalaitBert

Post Thanks / Like

There isn't anything available to do that now. Switching 9 wires simultaneously in a box that can handle a wet environment is going to be fairly expensive, and you will probably have to cut both transducer cables since you can't buy the transducer connectors.

Post Thanks / Like

You could plug one ducer into back of unit and have other ducer connect to LSS box then connect box to unit with ethernet cable. You could select source with the unit.

If you do this consider putting the LSS box on a switch because you could have interference with 2 ducers pinging.
    Last edited by speckfinder; 07-24-2013 at 05:06 AM.