Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New War Eagle 754 VS

Post Thanks / Like

Default New War Eagle 754 VS

I have a brand new War Eagle 754VS ordered. It's coming with a 4 stroke 60hp yamaha, 898 downscan side image hummingbird, tempress trojan seats, ss prop, 70lb minn kota 24v, and onboard charger. My question is, is there anything else any of you have or would put on yours to make your life easier or wish you'd have put on yours up front? thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

I have a war eagle 754 ldsv with 90 merc and I absolutely love the boat. It handles some fairly rough waters but is nimble enough to get back in the tightest coves

Post Thanks / Like

That is a good boat. An acquaintance has one, treats it like it owes him money, with no issues that I've heard about.
    If you fish out the front a lot I'd either put another setup (base and xducer) up there to be able to move your 898 to the front while fishing, or another unit. I'd also have them weld on a transducer bracket on the transom for you prior to delivery. I had this done, as well as welded on another recovery eye just below the point of the bow, for tieline/safety chain to attach to.

Post Thanks / Like

Keel Guard!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huntalivesh23 View Post
    I have a war eagle 754 ldsv with 90 merc and I absolutely love the boat. It handles some fairly rough waters but is nimble enough to get back in the tightest coves
    I bet it will scat with that 90 on it?

I've got the 860dsv (high deck) with a Yam 90 4 stroke, love it. I can pick two boats I would like better, one for fishing and one for duck hunting, but not a better boat to cover both.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I should have mentioned mine is the stick steer VS. The keel guard does sound good though.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine does fly with that 90 I had an empty boat and just wanted to see what she would do and I came a couple mph shy of 50 and that was way too fast for me in a 17 foot aluminum lol. You'll be very pleased with your boat a 60 will still move it very nicely and with a stick steer I don't know if I would want any bigger than that on that boat. They're definitely nice rigs and will take any abuse you can throw at it. I duck hunt out of mine as well even though the console is kind of a pita for that it's still really nice to have when the lake gets rough

Post Thanks / Like

If you're on felsemthal and see a red and grey war eagle stick steer, it'll probably be me and the gf.

Post Thanks / Like

Might as well go ahead and the Ipilot for the MK if possible. Well worth the $$
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one with the 50 Yamaha 4 stroke and it's all the boat I want. First thing since your spending money is get the 80 lb terrova with Ipilot. If you don't you'll wish you had. Got 998 wnith ducer a transom and eagle 500c hooked to trolling motor. Get you 4-5 of the track brackets as well. Innumerable uses for them when you start rigging it out.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast