Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grenada Bound

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grenada Bound

We are leaving for Grenada to pre fish for the Classic next Monday so I'm trying to stock up on gear. Any last minute advise on what to try?? I've wore out my map trying to figure out where to fish and hope I have a spot or two that look good. We don't expect to win anything but I'd kill to catch a 4 pounder!! Any tips would be appreciated!!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Wow now that is what i call setting your sights high but if there is any lake in the world that can produce a 4 lb crappie its grenada.Pink heads orange or black body char tail umbrella tubes tipped with a big shiner have worked for me in the past a little kodiac paste or crappie nibbles dont hurt either the water is usually the color of chocolate milk that is why i use big baits with alot of scent.How are you planning on fishing vertical,trolling etc?
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Bigger weigh ins seem to to come from up the rivers more than the main lake.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

We'll probably do a little trolling and a lot of casting. It'll be so different from LOZ we may kill a few brain cells tryin to figure things out. I may tie my tackle box to my line and drag it behind the boat!! We'll be happy just to find a few fish!! Thanks for the color advice, we need all the help we can get!

Post Thanks / Like

Like kit said go up the creeks and find bends and ledges and if it has any structure at all it will have fish just be patient you have to wait em out on grenada.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOSlabHunter
    We'll probably do a little trolling and a lot of casting. It'll be so different from LOZ we may kill a few brain cells tryin to figure things out. I may tie my tackle box to my line and drag it behind the boat!! We'll be happy just to find a few fish!! Thanks for the color advice, we need all the help we can get!
    We will be there also, don't think we will do well either. We haven't yet, any help will be appreicated.Wife and I will be there fishing Tuesday.
    Good luck to all....
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    Wow now that is what i call setting your sights high but if there is any lake in the world that can produce a 4 lb crappie its grenada.Pink heads orange or black body char tail umbrella tubes tipped with a big shiner have worked for me in the past a little kodiac paste or crappie nibbles dont hurt either the water is usually the color of chocolate milk that is why i use big baits with alot of scent.How are you planning on fishing vertical,trolling etc?
    You got any info on the kodiac paste. Never heard of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out crappiepro.com they have it and it does help on those tough days.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJL
    You got any info on the kodiac paste. Never heard of it.

I got a small sample container I could mail to ya. Just send back the postage amount after you receive it. It's a small container. 'bout the size of those ceramic carmex lip balm containers.

G.
    Standing in the Gap