Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman 7/4-7-7

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 7/4-7-7

Got to have a solid 4 days at the lake this weekend. Fishing was TOUGH for me. I never caught more than a few fish per day. Caught some nice fish when they did bite however. Couldn't really figure a pattern out. Caught on cedars, hedges, and even a plain old large stump! Anything from 6-25' fow. Jigs only, never caught a fish tipping with a minnow. Haven't posted any reports for a while, and thought I'd contribute. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

On the bright side, got to spend some time fishing with my wife(got to finally get on boat after surgery) and my dad. Also, got my first taste using side scan on my dads boat, and I'm going to need to invest in that soon.....had a good time with family and good friends all weekend at the camper, and the water didn't get any better.

Now come on Truman 15 mph winds and BITING Crappie!!!! My five year old is dying to feel the thump on that new 8' rod of his. He's got enough practice dipping trees and pretending to get a bite every now and then.

Matt

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Was a great weekend at the lake. Hard to beat a weekend with friends and family. Even with the fishing being slow. Seeing the fireworks from the water was pretty cool. It was a first for me after all these years living around the lake. Not to sure the wife cared for the 20 mile boat ride back to Bucksaw in the dark. Not to sure I cared for it. But I can say I have done it and am also smart enough to find another plan for next year. Thanks for letting my crew hang out at your campsite for the evenings and for the great meals. We really enjoyed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report. Sounds like it was tough for everyone. Had some friends from St. Louis staying in the floating rooms all weekend and they had the same luck.