Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake of the Ozarks ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake of the Ozarks ?

Were is a good place to launch a boat and do some fishing for whatever wants to bites this fall? The end of September or first part of October depending on weather. Want to wait until the clowns have left the water. No nothing about the lake except you don't want to be near it now.

Post Thanks / Like

There are lots of good public ramps, what area of the lake were you thinkin?

Post Thanks / Like

Anywhere. Know nothing about it much. Have been there 2 times a LONG time ago and they were a bust.

Post Thanks / Like

Go up to Warsaw and put in there. very quiet and you could always pull out and put in Truman. If water is coming out of Truman the fishing in the upper reaches would be good.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty partial to the glaize arm near Osage Beach, just because I live very near it. There are four public state park ramps spread out along that arm.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it but he clowns don't leave the lake till middle October these days! But I agree with ghost rider the Glaize is a good arm for fishing. Pb2 is a good launch. Or even niangua at the Larry gale boat ramp. Don't really have any advice bout early fall cuz I'm usually up in a tree somewhere goin after the next best thing after crappie but I'd suspect brush piles will always produce.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at the 61mm, on the north shore (Ivy Bend). There are two very good ramps in the general area. Wig Wam access is on the north shore, off of 135-12. It's about two miles of gravel to get to the ramp, but worth it. Very nice concrete ramp and lot, and under utilized (excpet during snagging season). On the south shore is Brown Bend access. Very nice concrete ramp and lot. Road leading to it is paved as well. Don't know the exact path since it's on the other side of the lake from me. Major creeks in the area are, Rainey, Brown Bend (aka as Golden Goose), Lick and both Buffalo creeks. Now the fishing will be tough in October but come November we always get a good white bass, hybrid bite going. Come on to the quiet side of the lake! I've got a 17 foot deep V aluminum and can run the lake all day, with the exception of a poker run!!! Hate them things.
    Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.......