Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: your biggest on sport tackle

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default your biggest on sport tackle

Here is a 60 lb Flathead caught on rod and reel around 1979. Post only those caught on sporting tackle . Please post those caught hogging , nets , trotlines , or jugs elsewhere.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

On sporting tackle, not very big, 5 or 6lb. I'm so ashamed!!!!!! grizzly
    Most people call them green onions, but they are really ---------?????

Post Thanks / Like

Define sport tackle. I guess the biggest I've caught on ultralight gear (4 lb line) while crappie fishing was five pounds. Picked up an eight pounder on my bass rig, but nothing to compare with that moose you're holding. I'm not strong enough to land anything that big! - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  P1010788.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  102.6 KB

I caught this one on a shimono R2000 spinning reel with 8lb Berkley trilene XL. I was catching crappie and and some 1 pound brim when he came up and just about yanked the rod from my hands lol! I played him for over 30minutes. It was a 1 acre pond on my neighbors property so he wasn't going far. my neighbor came down to see what I had cause the rod was bent over double. he helped me land it. I was going to weigh him and release him but my neighbor said it was time for that cat to retire to the grease. so we cut him up and he sure was good. he was just a little over 18lbs.
    Last edited by grubby; 11-23-2006 at 11:06 AM.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Biggest fish caught...

Around this part of the country (southeast Kansas), many a fisherman will work the basins below the dams. The basins recieve more pressure when they have had a lot of water running, at the right times of year. A few years back I caught 2 flatheads wading in the basin 42 lbs. and 48 lbs within the same week (first of Sept.). I was using 20 lb test with a medium action rod. Definitely an experience one will never forgot.

Had a friend that caught one at Rocky Ford (Manhattan, Kansas) on rod and reel that weighed 60 lbs. Same type of tackle.

Caught a 60 lb flathead on trotline...looking back, it was easier to bring in the ones on pole than out of a boat running the trotline

regards,

drifter
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

1 WEEK AGO (18 NOV 2006) - NOT 25+ YEARS AGO.......42 POUNDS - SEE POST BELOW THIS ONE- 50 BEFORE THE YEAR IS OUT AND A 60+ PLUS FOR JAN 2007 IS IN THE CRYSTAL BALL !!

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT PIC GRUBBY !! bluegills are the best bait in the world in most lakes and ponds all over the country man !! that cat just wanted YOUR lunch !!

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RACN35
    GREAT PIC GRUBBY !! bluegills are the best bait in the world in most lakes and ponds all over the country man !! that cat just wanted YOUR lunch !!
    yep but I fooled him.I didn't think I was going to land him seen him several times close to the bank, but just as I thought this fight is over he would run another lap around the pond stripping several yards of line with him. It was a blast.hope to catch another one on light tackle like that again. you take care of your self RACN35.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.