Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Wisc - Okee area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wisc - Okee area

Splitting forces like Custer against my wishes, my daughters left at 330 am to brave the torrent waters filled with fib-tabs on a holiday weekend. While we normally fish in boating pairs, leap frogging around each boat from noted structure to structure they took the Grumman to the lake. Fishing the weed beds until 9 am when the holiday crowds can alive, they caught and released close to, in the eldest words and photos she continually texted me, almost 100 keepers. Clear casting bobbers set at 48 to 64 inches working the edges in 6-12 foot areas. They said the lake was a mess as floating weeds from tourists at times made it hard to get a fish to boat as strands of weed as long as 4 feet came in with the fish. There choice color this morning was # 6 pink heads with a pink tail. Tonight they want to get out there in hopes the fib-tabs have all headed south and the current clears the waters once again.

Post Thanks / Like

"Fib-Tabs"??? That's a new one. Care to explain it. Know what you said about what they did to the lake. Seems to be a malignancy that happens pretty much everywhere. Great on the ladies nailing them.
    Fishing is relaxing and fun, but catching is when it really becomes fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Tourist are a "vital part" of our communities around here. Lakes with heavy usage are clearly marked with navigation buoys and signs to slow the spread of invasive species of weeds, maintain safety for fishing boats, and to maintain a safe distance between boats, piers, and tender shorelines monitored. Fxxxing Illinois' Basxxxds towing a boat is a fib-tab as one of which came within 50 feet of my wife and I last night wide open with 30 inch waves. She did not hunt or fish for 25 years and now has returned to the water and land with more pink and purple tackle than I have every seen. We seldom raise a voice, yet last night I yelled hard to her to get off the front 109 chair, and hug the bottom as waves crashed over the sides leaving 4 inches of water in the boat. Phones are a wonderful thing as the tag number was photo'd, and the water in the boat also. She is still nervous in a boat not knowing how to swim, wears a full pink vest jacket with her ribbons even in high heat drifting. She is tough being a three time cancer survivor, but still, the look of pure horror was on her face as the waves crashed over her. My daughters in the Grumman also got photos of the passengers as they too had water coming over the sides. Still, the fishing is on going for the blacks

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the explanation. Am not the least bit critical of your descriptive license. Have had them when we lived in VT, some down in AL and yes even up here in the Northwoods. Like I said they are a malignancy. Tend to be ignorant of the laws of the state they operate in. They are on vacation and everyone best get out of their way. Sure hope that you turning in the photos will give them a nice and expensive reminder of this year's vacation. Truly sorry to hear of your wife's experience and susequnet feeling of terror. Do hope that this episode will not prevent her from joining you fishing. My folks fished for years up here in the north. Took only one experience as yours to convince them to stay off the water on weekend and during peek summer vacation periods. Not fair, to be sure. Actually, we do the same. Giving in to them, nah, just saving us the aggravation and potential disaster. All the best to you.
    Fishing is relaxing and fun, but catching is when it really becomes fun!