Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain 06/29/13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain 06/29/13

Went to Mark Twain on Saturday and got there at about 5a.m. Fished until around 10a.m. and then headed home. Not much to report. Caught a few fish but they were all around 7inches. Spoke with a few other locals who were having a slow day as well. The wind was terrible. It was so bad the trolling motor was coming out of the water from the waves. Haven't seen it that windy in quite some time. Water is still very dirty and the lake levels are high. Hopefully the 4th will bring us some luck. Good luck to all this coming weekend and stay safe.

Post Thanks / Like

It's no fun being out there when the water is like that...makes it worse when the fish aren't cooperating!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got to get out. We really have to remember that a slow day fishing...( is better than being hit by a train ). I'm starting to wonder where all the keeper fish have gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure but I have a change of plans. Wife is "asking" if I'll go tomorrow instead of Friday. Fine with me! Haha. Got to be a motive. I'll let you know how the day goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Louise and I hit the Stoutsville area, dipping some trees and railroad tresses. Caught 3 dinks and one keeper which was a nice 13 incher. Other than that...ZIPPO. All fish were caught on minnows 5' deep in 20 fow, the hog was 5' down in only 9 fow. Saturday we're going to head up to Thomas Hill, we've heard the fishing is pretty good there...can't be much worse than Twain!!