Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: bucksaw Sunday, a touch slow

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Default bucksaw Sunday, a touch slow

Well,the day started out with sub par minnows from the marina. They had some kind of infection because their gills/gillplates were blood red they were tiny to boot. so with ice, insulated ice chest, minnow saver and a frabill aerator we could only save half our 11.50 investment
    OK to the fish we headed down river and found nice fish on fence rows 6-8 foot of water till the wind kicked up then we trolled cranks and caught some nice ones. Bite went cold so we ran to hay and found the scattered with no rhyme or reason caught a lot of small fish. Minnows were the ticket today they just tapped jigs. This spring/early sumer has been tough for team qwack
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya, I caught ~30 or so today, kept 8. The minnow deal at the Marina was piss poor this weekend for sure. Teeny tiny and they were dying off quicker than you could use them and I have a good aerator and bucket. That is fine with me, they usually have great minnows and give a good measure, can't bitch about this one time.

I got into one school outside of Sand, that cloud of small crappie and blue cat must have been 20x20'. I was double pole slow trolling to take advantage of the light bite. Several times in that school I was pulling them in two at a time. All 6-7" white crappie with full bellies.

Bottom line, this weekend sucked. Today's wind doesn't compare to yesterday, that ride back to the marina yesterday was as rough as I've ever had.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Even a few bumps along the way fishing is better than catching up with the yard and other chores. Hope they get to biting when I get a chance to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I was painting a basement so it sounds like a really good day to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing better than working, sorry your catching wasn't great, did you have the princess with ya?

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Some days are tough!!! No rhyme or reason, they just don't cooperate sometimes. Sounds like you made lemonade though!!! Good day all and all.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

hey man you was there, good bite or not, beat sitting with you feet up and swole up like a fat tabpole on a tin roof. better luck next trip qwak.