Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Crappie Fisherman Here

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Crappie Fisherman Here

Hi ladies and jents, I'm new to the crappie fishery, and would know if any body could help me to fish and locate these fish. I just bought a new 2006 14ft smokercraft with a new 2006 mec 25hp, a couple of poles spooled with 4lb and 6lb crappie line, jigs, crappie rigs, rubber baits, and so on. Is there any body in the Rochester, NY area that would help me to locate these fish in some of the local area lakes like, Honeoye lake, Conesus Lake, Silver Lake, or any lake in the upstate NY area? Like I said I'm new to this and would like some help if possable. The night fishing sounds like a lot of fun and would like to try it some time. So if there is any body out there that would like to help a new crappie fisherman please get back to me. Thanks Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

Camo521.......your best bet there would to post your request on the New York board. It's on the state page. They will come closer to answering your questions about that state and their techniques for catching crappie there. I'm just an ol' southern boy and the closest I've been to NY was in an aircraft at 36,000 feet, let alone ever fished it. Wish you the best, and welcome to crappie.com!!

Post Thanks / Like

I to welcome you to crappie.com. I think you will find some real helpful folks with a world of information. I dont remember seeing much activity on the NY board but I bet you can pick up some tactics and tips from some of the folks arround here to help your catch. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Kentucky. My sister lives in Rochester and they don't get out and fish for crappie much but alot of the tactics that work anywhere else work up there for other spiecies so wil probally work well for crappie as well. Don't know much about those lakes you mentioned but if there is any standing timber you could start around it. Crappie love the shade and that is always a good bet. Best bet this time of year is to find the baitfish crappie are never far from a good meal specially in the fall. ONce again welcome and good luck hope you enjoy.
    Hope your lines stay wet and your livewells full.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Camo, I'm sure that you will get your share of info.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from California, This is a good place to learn about crappie fishin, enjoy...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Default from Arkansas

Welcome
    I have been visiting this forum for a couple of months now. I have learned so much from these guys. But, I haven't had a chance to apply any of it yet and I am about to bust.
    I agree with keeping an eye on your state's board. I have corosponded with a few people there that I am looking forward to running across on the rivers and lakes of Arkansas.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camo521
    Hi ladies and jents, I'm new to the crappie fishery, and would know if any body could help me to fish and locate these fish. I just bought a new 2006 14ft smokercraft with a new 2006 mec 25hp, a couple of poles spooled with 4lb and 6lb crappie line, jigs, crappie rigs, rubber baits, and so on. Is there any body in the Rochester, NY area that would help me to locate these fish in some of the local area lakes like, Honeoye lake, Conesus Lake, Silver Lake, or any lake in the upstate NY area? Like I said I'm new to this and would like some help if possable. The night fishing sounds like a lot of fun and would like to try it some time. So if there is any body out there that would like to help a new crappie fisherman please get back to me. Thanks Bob.
    Attachment 6573 From Toledo Bend Texas!

Also I would read some of the fine articles on this site and here is the link to them.... http://www.crappie.com/tips.html

If I can be of any further help just go to my web site or PM/email me.
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 12-17-2008 at 11:22 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

welcome from the great state of mississippi. don't be bashful about asking questions. these people have helped a lot of old codgers like myself become better crappie fisherpersons.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome Camo521, From the Crimson Tide State

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast