Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: humminbird owners ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default humminbird owners ?

see if I got right. saving s way Pt also takes a picture of that image if you have a card in the slot. But the image is only on the card, the way point stays in the machine.
    G3PO

Post Thanks / Like

Marking a waypoint saves that data to the unit’s internal memory.

If you have the Screen Snapshot menu set to “On” and you mark a waypoint, it will also save a *.png picture file of whatever is on the display of the unit to the installed SD memory card. So make sure that the display is not showing the GPS coordinates of something that you do not want others to find if you plan on posting it… If you do not have a memory card installed the unit will tell you so when you make the waypoint.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Greg, I've tried several times to take my memory card and use it with Humviewer. no luck.
    could you review the process?
    thanks
    I've already lost 60 way Pt pictures that I'd like to have back. I guess I can find them and remark them.
    Anyway to take a image and not mark the same spot over and over.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not use the HummViewer brettw. That is a third party program and our IT folks won’t allow us to load it on our work PCs.

How did you lose the waypoint pictures?
    No, there is no way to make a Screen Snapshot without also trying to Mark a waypoint. If the coordinates are exactly the same, the unit will make the Screen Snapshot but not make another waypoint and tell you that one already exists at those coordinates (or something like that).
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Greg,
    thanks,
    can you recommend a program to use to view , edit, save way points on a pc?
    thank you once more,
    G3PO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Humminbird_Greg View Post
    I do not use the HummViewer brettw. That is a third party program and our IT folks won’t allow us to load it on our work PCs.

How did you lose the waypoint pictures?
    No, there is no way to make a Screen Snapshot without also trying to Mark a waypoint. If the coordinates are exactly the same, the unit will make the Screen Snapshot but not make another waypoint and tell you that one already exists at those coordinates (or something like that).
    I got frustrated and deleted them from the card since it looked like the card was completely full. Really, I'm struggling to figure out how to use the recording/ pictures option on the 998c
    G3PO

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I going by memory..so I may leave out a step.....

Waypoints are saved directly to the unit memory when the "Mark" button is pressed...
    Snapshots are saved directly to an inserted SD card when the screenshot feature is enabled in the Main menu...

*Insert a SD card into the unit card slot...
    *Press "Menu" twice to get into the Main menu...
    *Cursor over to the "Accessories" tab...
    *Cursor down to "Screenshots"....
    *Cursor right to "On"....
    *Exit out of the menu system...

Now..pressing the "Mark" button will save a waypoint (of the boat's GPS location) into the unit's internal memory and save a snapshot of the unit display screen directly to the SD card....

*Remove the SD card from the unit and insert it into your pc card reader…a window should open showing files on the SD card…
    *Create a new folder on your pc's desktop labeled “HB”….
    *Transfer the folder labeled "SNAPSHOTS" from the SD card to the “HB” folder…
    *Open the "SNAPSHOTS" folder....
    *Click on any of the files that have a “.png” extension and your pc’s picture viewer program should open it to view the “.png” snapshot….
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Recordings are also saved directly to an inserted SD card....

To make a recording...

*Insert a SD card into the unit...
    *Cycle thru the "Views" button until the "Snapshot and Recording" view is showing on the display..(If the "Snapshot and Recording" view is not in the views cycle..it must be made "Visable" under the "Views" tab in the unit Main Menu system....)
    *With the "Snapshot and Recording" view on the display...Press "Menu" 1 time to open the Xpress menu...
    *Press "Start Recording"...(A popup stating "Recording" should intermittantly show at the top of the screen)...
    *Recording "records" all views at the same time...so you can cycle thru the views during recording...
    *Recording also records the raw data so changing any settings during recording will not affect the recording...(except changing frequency during recording will actually be recorded as a frequency change)...(and changing SI Range during recording will only allow "playback view" of what SI Range is showing on the SI image display during recording)....
    *Keep recording to 30 minutes or less to make file size smaller...(Just record multiple smaller recordings)....
    *When finished recording...Press "Menu" 1 time (from any screen)...to open Xpress menu...
    *Select "Stop Recording"...
    *You can view the recording on the unit...
    *Cycle thru the "Views" button until the "Snapshot and Recording" view is visable...
    *Use the 4way cursor "up or down" to choose which recording (or snapshot) you want to view...(the arrows above and below and to the right will turn red when selected...
    *Use the 4way cursor to the right to start recording (or view snapshot)...
    *While viewing a recording or a snapshot on the unit...press the "Menu" button 1 time to open the Xpress menu for controls of that displayed feature....
    *Always "Stop Playback" (in any xpress menu) before removing the SD card from the unit....(snapshots do not matter)...
    *Remove SD card from unit...
    *Insert card into pc's card reader...a window should open showing the files on the card...
    *Transfer the folder labeled "RECORD" from the SD card to the “HB” folder on your pc....

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

The recordings can be viewed in a third party software called Humviewer….

*Download Humviewer here… (be sure to select the download "bundle" with JAVA...) HumViewer - Viewer of Humminbird sonar recording files
    *When it asks if you want to “run” or “save”…click “save”….
    *When it asks where you want to save…navigate for it to download the .exe installer to the new “HB” folder…
    *When it is finished downloading the .exe file...click on the .exe file...
    *Follow the prompts to install the HV program...
    *Open the Humviewer program that has now been installed…(I think version 86 is the latest)…(probably in your "Program" files under START/ALL PROGRAMS....)
    *Open the HV program....

When Humviewer opens….

*Click “Open” in the top left of the screen….
    *Navigate to the “HB” folder (that you created on your desktop) ...until you find the "RECORD" folder that you transferred from the SD card….
    *Open the "RECORD" folder...
    *Select the file that ends in .DAT...this file should enter into the "File Name" at the bottom of the HV open wizard...
    *Select the "Open" button at the bottom...
    *The recording file should load into Humviewer…(sometimes this takes a few minutes depending on how long a recording you made)….

*You will also need to download the latest version of Google Earth if you want Humviewer to open the "HV program created data" into a Goodle Earth overlay image....

Lots more info on Humviewer here… HumViewer - Viewer of humminbird files

If you need more help …ask here or pm me….
    Last edited by rnvinc; 06-19-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

wow, thanks a lot for all the help,
    one more thing i can't find on my 998 menu,
    how to export everything to my sd card.
    If i need to back up my way pts, what would i need to do?
    G3PO

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Menu>Menu> Nav tab>Waypoints>Options> Select All>Export...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Rickie you should change your name to HumminbirdRick, you just amaze me on what you know.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast