Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your method for ridding your self of freeloaders when you fish?

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your method for ridding your self of freeloaders when you fish?

I bought a guide licence. I used to get stopped and asked if they could go at the gas station everytime I filled the boat. You ought to see em leave when they find out no more free trips.. Of course my fishing buddies are still welcome , really enjoy trading fishing trips. But after awhile furnishing boat , fuel, tackle, drinks , and them taking home the fish with out even a thanks some wore out their welcome.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    I bought a guide licence. I used to get stopped and asked if they could go at the gas station everytime I filled the boat. You ought to see em leave when they find out no more free trips.. Of course my fishing buddies are still welcome , really enjoy trading fishing trips. But after awhile furnishing boat , fuel, tackle, drinks , and them taking home the fish with out even a thanks some wore out their welcome.
    You're on the right track. Ain't nothing a freeloader hates worse than having to part with $$$. Personally, I haven't found but a person or three that would even consider fishing with me

Lemme think who I fished with.

Carol, my older Brother, Travis, and CA. If I ain't fishing with Carol usually it's with my imaginary friend Burford.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

Being a "LOSER" does have its benefits.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, my imaginary fishing buddy Burford and I usually get along just fine. He's a LOSER too and is pretty nice to let me catch more fish than he does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RCC View Post
    Yes, my imaginary fishing buddy Burford and I usually get along just fine. He's a LOSER too and is pretty nice to let me catch more fish than he does.
    Yeah, but 1 is more than he catches!!! You are a great "LOSER" my friend!!!

I'd vote for you as Head "LOSER" since I'm socially unacceptable to be in that coveted position, and most others are to proud to admit to being a " LOSER" anyway!!!!! It takes a Special kinda guy to fill those shoes!!!!
    Last edited by BigRiverMarine; 06-09-2013 at 09:39 PM.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRiverMarine View Post
    Yeah, but 1 is more than he catches
    This is true, but he let 2, 3lbers get off right at the boat on Poinsett the other day.

Post Thanks / Like

Burford can fish with me any time he likes. he can let all the fish get off . and we still have good day fishing. have him send PM when he ready to go .

Post Thanks / Like

I have had this happen a couple of times....and they don't get invited back. Most folks I fish with are very good about at least doing something along the lines of sharing expenses. The ones who don't...well that's the last time they fish with me.
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePro View Post
    I have had this happen a couple of times....and they don't get invited back. Most folks I fish with are very good about at least doing something along the lines of sharing expenses. The ones who don't...well that's the last time they fish with me.
    X2 I was planning on going to a local lake a few months ago, didnt want to burn up a lot of gas driving to Dardanelle. This guy invites himself and says he really wants to tear em up. Ok no problem, so I say "Let's split the cost and drive to Dardanelle!" He agrees, and off we go. After about 4hrs, we had a limit and headed home. I gave him my fish, and since he didn't know how, I cleaned them for him. Never gave me a dime. Live and learn.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it is what you want out of life. I know you get a kick out of taking kids fishing. But, even as little as I get out, I get the same treatment. Except, most of the time people want to go then have "something" come up after I have made all of the arrangements. The same thing happens with a planned outting on the toon boat. We buy all of the drinks, sun screen, hot dogs, hamburgers, all of the fixins. Then some go and some don't. I guess that leaves more for me.

DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast