Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Neely Henry Dock Shooting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Neely Henry Dock Shooting

The dock shooting has been hot for the past 10 days or so. I fish every day and only see other fisherman on weekends and they are after bass. If you can get away, the next week should be good.

1.Pick docks with wood piers.
    2.Docks with six foot wide plus platforms are best. The wider the better.
    3.Docks should be within 50 feet of 10 Ft deep water or deeper.
    4.Most any jig will do but I'm using curly tail jigs and Slab Dr's. I use clear - early/cloudy and chartreuse - sunny/ late.
    5. Flick the jig as far underneath as possible with a slow retrieve.
    6. No success in 5 casts/flips move on to the next dock.

Go get em and have some fun. They're there for the taking.

Post Thanks / Like

Been doing pretty good on lower end of lay in the afternoons shooting docks. Good report thanks
    Can't beat em join em

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, I want to go but have to work.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

What section of the lake? I live close to Rainbow Landing and all the piers close are hammered...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delay.

I fish North of you. Today I fished from 1/2 mile south of Minnesota bend up the river for about a mile. I fished six docks and kept 14. I would have had 20 but the owners were fishing off my best dock. Kinda rude to pull up and shoot a dock when the owners are fishing off it.

It's getting a little harder. I expect we have less than a week left for dock shooting till the fall.

I can't speak much for your specific area. I've never fished south of the 77 bridge.

Good luck and good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I have been having some luck on monkey milk jigs(Garland) and jiffy jigs in blue body /white hair tail. The bite for keepers is getting harder. I usually catch 30 with only 7-10 keepers.
    I need to learn how to fish the ledges for deep fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on finding ways to find summer fish. I have very nearly zero success during the summer. I've tried at night with lights - zip. Fishing deep -zip. Trolling with small plugs - zip. I saw a video about a man catching crappie during the summer on the main body of the lake. He was fishing over plastic structure and nailing them.

I know there are Christmas trees placed by local fishing clubs and the locations are are supposed to be published on the Alabama power web site. These are out of my range so I don't have any experience with them.

Good luck and good fishing. .