Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider rigging Stockton

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider rigging Stockton

Went to Masters on Saturday to try some spider rigging. Did not fare too well, only had 3 keepers in 5 hours of fishing. Caught what we did in 20 fow lines down 12 ft. All fish on electric chicken Slab Busters. Had other colors on dual jig rigs, but only takers on the chicken. Slow but had a nice day amongst the vacation horde.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on gettin out and havin some fun.Bet the lake was full.

Post Thanks / Like

well at least your out there having a good time, try the flat at the mouth of Sons Creek, I always did well there after the spawn, stay north of the big tree in the middle,

Post Thanks / Like

Dangit I have not had the best luck fishing Stockton lately either. Better luck next time. You may have to go try that honey hole beagle told you about.

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna give it a try after the holiday crowd has let the lake calm down. Too many boats and jet skis ripping up and down coves. Some of these ski boaters need to learn a little common courtesy and not throw 5 ft. rollers coming 30 ft. from people trying to fish. They run their boats like they drive in Springfield. If you put on your turn signal you can go anywhere you want. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Fishin' partner of mine from over by Fair Grove was at Cedar Ridge last week. After he took his boat out he was talking to a guy who turned out to be the fisheries biologist for Stockton. He said crappie fishing at Stockton this year will be disappointing, mostly 9 1/2" fish. Disappointing is what I have heard from most I have talked to there.
    I've done well there on bass though.
    I always try to go during the week and let the crazies have it on weekends. Never go around a hoilday.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

I went up the river and killed the on LAGER minnows in 4-6 ft

Post Thanks / Like

I'm always around Masters that Holiday weekend. If you see a big Lowe deck boat with cdc decals swing over and shoot the breeze.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30