Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Delta fishing, First trip of the year...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Delta fishing, First trip of the year...

Between work and high water I am just getting out to the river. Tensaw River Delta fishing... Although the water had some rise, I launched at Cliffs and headed north to Dennis. The water was not broke over into the woods. I didn't launch until 4:30 and didn't get any minnows because I wasn't sure of the conditions. I Found fish at about 8' of depth and liking a slow presentation on structure. They seemed to be liking the old heavy wood and not the fresh stuff. Kept about a dozen 10" fish. For jig fishing in the Delta, really not a bad couple of hours.
    My wife claims catching the largest, since she hooked me in the arm. Just thought I'd add that little bit to give you guys a chuckle.

Post Thanks / Like

Ill be going next week to try the Bream out in that same area...nice catch for Dennis! Keep us posted if you go back....

Post Thanks / Like

Good catch. Last time I launched at Cliff's I went to Mifflin lake. Started at the T and worked my way back out.
    Did ok on bream. Will have to try Dennis next time.
    So far this year been hitting Rabbit creek off Dog river fishing boat houses and docks for bream. Been doing good there.