Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: St. John's bream and shell crackers

Post Thanks / Like

Default St. John's bream and shell crackers

Gentlemen
    My son and I are going to fish with a friend of ours down on the St. John's river and or lake George this weekend for some Bream or shell crackers. I have never fished there but my buddy has. We are staying in Astor. Any advice you could give a newbie would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Go to the Jetties and take a right, then go to the boats. The BIG gills are out on the big shell bar.

Post Thanks / Like

Danbo
    Thanks. We are pulling out of Milledgeville shortly and heading that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Worms on the bottom and keep the worm moving slow. We had 15-20 boats out there every day this week. The males were coming in but you should get there when the hens move in. BIG fish this year. many over a pound.

If you get down there first look for two bamboo poles in the water in 3-4 FOW. If you fish in less than 2 FOW you will go back without fish. Take many worms as the little crokers will steal much bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Danbo, we fished in the area you described one morning and caught about 40 Bream and 2000 crokers. I did not know what the croker was until we took one back to ask a local. He told us they eat the bream eggs so we started feeding them to the birds after that. We also had good luck on the river but had to deal with all the air boats. Had a good time but it was not long enough.
    .Name:  image.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  40.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Jumpier. The air boats are bad on the weekends and the noise will make you deaf. They need mufflers on these boats. The DNR has an airboat and it has mufflers and it is OK.

They should have mufflers but the DNR does not enforce.

Post Thanks / Like

now that is want crappie com and fishing is all about love the pictures and stories.