Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ state park, Grand Glaize, 5/18-5/19

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ state park, Grand Glaize, 5/18-5/19

Took the wife and kids to LOZ for the weekend. First time the boat has been in the water since last fall. Camped at the State Park and fished out of PB1 up to about party cove.
    Did pretty darned well all around... bite was hot early, breeze would pick up and make it a little tougher, and bite was good late. Most bigger fish caught about 6'-8' deep in 13'-15' of water, and on minnows. Used some jigs as well but most of the action was on minnows. Seemed several times that we were catching 8.5" crappie 2:1 vs keepers. Largest right at 14", a couple of 12", most in the 9-11" range.

All in all a great weekend. Lots of fish, got a little sun, and celebrated the kids being out of school for the summer.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Fine report............. Well done!!!!!
    FISH ON......... inspired by river monsters around the globe.......

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you found some good report.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to give a report. Historically I've gotten a lot more out of this site/group than I've put into it, so its nice that on the odd day I actually get to go fishing AND find some fish, I feel like I should let other know.
    Going to give it a shot on Truman this weekend, out of Bucksaw. Hope it goes as well.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Great Report!! Thanks. I was thinking about hitting the upper glaize with my 2 1/2 year old some night this week. Were they staying close to structure or just out suspended? Trumans was good to us last saturday seemed like they were both suspended and next to trees. Seemed in the middle of the seasonal patterns.

Post Thanks / Like

Buffalo Water - most we caught early were hanging around structure so we just started hitting spots we knew had brush or rocks at the right depth.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to hear Lake O is still fishable at this point. Usually this weekend is ridiculous so I stay away.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30