Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MapCreate help needed

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation MapCreate help needed

I have posted this on another site with little results. I have mapcreate 6 on my new PC. I can enter my waypoints, make a border map, but can`t get them to open at the same time. Guess I am not saving them correctly.

When I save the map with my waypoint shown on it, the waypoints will not showup when the map is reopened. I would like to open the map with the waypoints on it. Need help.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use 6.3 so I don't know if 6.0 treats this differently. Waypoints, by default are saved with the name Data.usr and unless changed are saved to the C:\Program files\LEI\MapCreate\Data folder. To see them on your PC, you have to import that file.

With your map border file saved to a card, you also have to save the data.usr file to the card. My H20 automatically reads the map border file but the waypoints have to be loaded from the card. I use Menu- Menu- System setup- Transfer My Data- Load. My waypoints now show on my GPS.

Hope that helps as I am NOT an expert on this. Also you have to use Lowrances card reader. Here is why.
    Why do I need the LEI card reader/writer to use MapCreate™ 6.3?
    The files created by the new MapCreate™ programs are encrypted to memory cards to prevent copying of the licensed copyrighted mapping data. Many MMC/SD card readers/writers do not have the ability to securely encrypt data onto memory cards. Hence, the LEI card reader will be necessary to save the created files in an operational format.

BTW, 6.3 only allows you to encrypt 5 cards total. So be sure to use one big enough to hold future entries.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I should have said 6.3. I will try everything tonight.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX