Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing LOZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing LOZ

Hey guys I'm fishing LOZ next Monday - Thursday with 2 of my uncles from Texas.. Since I haven't been out since February I need a little help as to what color there hitting.. Was going to get out and pre-fish Thursday and Friday afternoons.. May even make a trip over to Harry pond. Anyway any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I am by no means a good crappie fisheman just really getting into it. But me and the wife were near the dam on LOZ saturday & sunday limited out both days black/silver jigs, seemed like most fish came off chunk rock, couldnt buy a bite on brush piles.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd head up. Most of the lower portions of the lake seem slow so I'd head towards the dam and I always use something with chartreuse in it. Oh and it's always best to use minnows in my humble opinion. Tip your jig with them.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been in a while but my brother tore them up in the Tan-Tar-a area all weekend. Mostly around docks and in front of them using watermelon sliders with Chartreuse tail. Said they caught alot of big fish.

Post Thanks / Like

The way its been the last few weeks cast a jig with whatever favorite color you have, generally if it has chartreuse in it then it is good. If you prefer to tip with minnows but I haven't had a minnow in my boat in years and years. I do often tip a jig with a crappie nibble but when the bite is on, it don't matter. Find a little cover along a decent spawing bank and lay into them. Haven't been in a week but that was the system then.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for the info...

Post Thanks / Like

Charlie I wish you the best,! have not been on LOZ for years! If you get a stringer close to the ones you got on Truman I would love to here the story! Working everyday sucks! but got to buy them minners some how! Good luck to ya! Mark!

Post Thanks / Like

Charlie the blue white / green white with glitter worked for me last 2 times out had minnows on board never used them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkey Log View Post
    Charlie I wish you the best,! have not been on LOZ for years! If you get a stringer close to the ones you got on Truman I would love to here the story! Working everyday sucks! but got to buy them minners some how! Good luck to ya! Mark!
    don't see that happening.. Works sucks but hang in there.. I sure would like to go this winter again too.. we half to plan on it... Putting matters in the ground are i be out this morning,,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ripnlips View Post
    Charlie the blue white / green white with glitter worked for me last 2 times out had minnows on board never used them.
    Well rippin your getting perrty good at this jig thing.. Gald to see it...