Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Focused Guide Service for Smithville or Table Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Focused Guide Service for Smithville or Table Rock

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and new to crappie fishing. Bought a little fish and ski last Fall and have had it out on Smithville a hand full of times, including last Saturday in the hurricane force winds. I was using Roadrunners in different color combos, and trying different depths, but I have been skunked on every outing. I haven't been brave enough to get too far north or W, but have fished a few of the coves where others are fishing, but no results.

I'm also taking a trip to Table Rock next week into Memorial Day, and would love to hire a guide on the first day down there to learn a few pointers and get my wife and I on some fish. It's our two year anniversary trip, and I can't believe she gave a thumbs up on a fishing trip. I'd like to make it enjoyable by catching a few.

If anyone knows of guides for either Smithville or Table Rock, please let me know. Thanks, and good fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Gary Burton of Burton's Bait and Tackle guides on Smithville, I think.

Don't know about TRL....I'm sure there are some down there, but maybe not for crappie! I'm sure someone from down that way will chime in.

Welcome to the site. Whatever happens, post a report! We'd love to hear how you did.

Also, happy anniversary!!

Post Thanks / Like

go to the ( forums Ozark anglers ) there are lots of guys on there that chase the crappie . if it was me i would stop at Truman if i was driven down to the rock

Post Thanks / Like

Rick Lapoint, he's guided successfully for a long time on Table Rock. Mostly a bass guy but he's focused on crappie trips this spring in the Cape Fair area, he could tell you what the prospects are for Memorial Day, that's getting late in to the year for crappie on Table Rock in my limited knowledge. Good chance he is already booked but he might have a back up plan. Table Rock Lake Fishing Guide Service Branson fishing guide bass crappie trout

Post Thanks / Like

Great feedback all, I really appreciate it!

A Truman trip is definitely on the agenda for this summer, but we've got a cabin booked for a week in kimberling city so don't think we'll be able to hit it on the way down.

I do however want to stop in Clinton at Everhart's. I've seen some great posts on that place and I'd like to pick up a few essentials on the way to Table Rock.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Guide Service

Link to Burtons at Smithville.

He is a Great Guy.....Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Burton will put you on them!
    -Justin. Just a forum stalker/BS'er......

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, if Smithville is the destination you can't beat Gary, never a dull moment with that boy.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site Cliff Jumper.....I've heard good things about Gary at Burton's Bait, but no personal experience. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate all the great feedback. I booked an afternoon with Rick's Guide Service on Table Rock next week on our first whole day there. Hopefully we'll learn a thing or two with him and enjoy the rest of the stay even more.