Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Prairie Lee 5-13-13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prairie Lee 5-13-13

Hit the lake around 12:30 PM Monday. Fished the docs and the banks around the corner. ONE fish was on the bank, all the others, off the front of the docs in 10-14 fow, about half way down. About half male to female. Finally after fishing all up and down the bank for about 5 hours, having caught around 10 keepers and really working to get that many, I decided to fish the bank along the same side as the boat ramp and if there was no action I would have called it a day. I should have fished there all day! They were biting like crazy, everything from right up on the bank to way out in 10 feet of water. As long as you casted to the bank, reeled in slow, keeping your jig down all the way to the boat, you would have a bite on every 3-5 casts. Missed a TON of fish over there. Ended up with 17 keepers. About half and half male to female, some females still had their eggs, some didn't. So it's either happening or just at the end of the spawn right now. I'm burnt out fishing that lake right now, so tomorrow I'm headed to Smithville to join in on the fun!! Oh yeah, the bank by the boat ramp at Prairie Lee looked like a zoo, there had to have been 15 people bank fishing. I saw a couple fish they were keeping and they didn't look to be more than 7 inches long. Oh well, I've heard that if you are fishing a lake that allows you to keep 30 crappie, they encourage you to keep all the fish you catch, even the dinks, because the lake is over populated? Happy fishing everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Grats BC! I might just hit up Prarie Lee as Longview was a tough out today.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Bernie...glad you got 'em dialed in! Make some notes about the conditions so next year you can bypass the 5 hours up front and move straight to where the fish are like a BOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like

You should stay at Prairie Lee instead of Dinksville. I have been to Smithville twice this week and only have seven keepers to account for after catching over thirty five fish. I will be moving my fishing operation back to either Prairie Lee or Truman next week. I need to spend some time working on the deck and golfing with the wife. Thanks for the excellent information on Prairie Lee.

Post Thanks / Like

was out there on sunday. caught fish in roughly 6-10 fow. They should be in high gear right now while i'm setting at work. Thanks for the report.