Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 5-13-13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 5-13-13

On the water by 7:30 ran up to the left of the dam slow start but we had 4 shy of two limits by 11:30 bite started to slow around 12:30 all caught on the banks in about 3-5' FOW about foot and a half deep, mostly on minnows . Trying to learn to fish jigs so I switched over running a jig under a cork to get the feel of it and it seemed to work out pretty good but at this point I think they would have bit anything that moved. Water was 62 when we took out around 1:30.

keeferfish is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

GREAT Job!

Post Thanks / Like

Well done and thanks for the report!

Post Thanks / Like

Got out at 8:30 could of had limit by 9:15 , decided to play till about 12:00 caught and released 50 t0 60 fish. Come home and cleaned fish!!!!! 20 or 25 of the fish were small blacks!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the great catches today boys! My husband and I couldn't pay a fish to bite for us today. So sad! Fished several areas from the bank, but just couldn't find them. Any suggestions for bank fisherfolk before the spawn is over. Used just about every color and size of jig in the box, green/chart., red/chart, minnow looking things, tubes and jigs. Fished depths from 6"-3', nada! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dee

Post Thanks / Like

Great report ess! Sweet day for Dave! Maybe tomorrow after work I'll be able to have some fun.
    The fishing was so good I thought it was yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Fished camp ranch above W 5:30-8 finished with 18. Caught ours in 3-5 fow blk n pink YUM or a basspro blue n pink twister tail seemed best but also caught fish on blk n chart too but the others seemed better.
    "It's on like Bing Bong"!!!!!! Si Robertson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOJON View Post
    Fished camp ranch above W 5:30-8 finished with 18. Caught ours in 3-5 fow blk n pink YUM or a basspro blue n pink twister tail seemed best but also caught fish on blk n chart too but the others seemed better.
    LOTS of vehicles parked at the W bridge on the camp branch side last night....

Birddogs54
    2005 Ranger 519 Yamaha 200

Post Thanks / Like

Great report!
    Scott - KC Northland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by es1758 View Post
    On the water by 7:30 ran up to the left of the dam slow start but we had 4 shy of two limits by 11:30 bite started to slow around 12:30 all caught on the banks in about 3-5' FOW about foot and a half deep, mostly on minnows . Trying to learn to fish jigs so I switched over running a jig under a cork to get the feel of it and it seemed to work out pretty good but at this point I think they would have bit anything that moved. Water was 62 when we took out around 1:30.
    Crows Creek has given up many a crappie...good report!

Birddogs54
    2005 Ranger 519 Yamaha 200