Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: table rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default table rock

i'm going to be staying at table rock lake this weekend. Was looking for a for a few hotspots to fish around the big cedar marina. are the crappie on the banks or spawning here? was thinking of getting a guide for a half day to learn the lake a little and maybe find some slabs.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. we will be in a red lowes with a 50hp motor hope to see some of you out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie are up on the banks right now on the James. Should be there down there as well.
    Big Cedar area they spawn about 8ft. Clearer water than normal this year. Be sure to pitch jigs to laydowns.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info kit. i threw everything i had at them including minnows(boo). had to take up bass fishing. wore them out on shaky head jigs and watermelon red trick worms.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah I was up the james too Monday and could get a bite, I tried shallow, deep and banks, no luck ended up throughing a spinner bait just to catch some bass, think im headed to Truman this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if you guys saw my thread from fishing Saturday the 11th. I stunk it up too on my home lake. Only had three keepers and a few bass.
    The spawn can be the best and worst time to fish for crapppie. They definately went into a transition mode. Normally I just cover a lot of water with the spider rig, but all i ended up doing was killing minnows.
    Table Rock is not the good wife when it comes to crappie. Quite finicky ole biddy.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

I sure wish I could fig them out better, sure would be nice to drive 30 vrs going to Truman and driving 1 1/2 hrs with these stupid gas prices

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaspy111 View Post
    I sure wish I could fig them out better, sure would be nice to drive 30 vrs going to Truman and driving 1 1/2 hrs with these stupid gas prices

1 1/2 hrs would be a dream come true for some of us. I made the journey to Truman last weekend in right around 3 1/2 hrs and thougt I was doing good. The closest descent water that many of us have is LOZ or MT which are still 2+ hrs away.

I'm jealous of your 1 1/2 hrs and your 30min to the rock.