Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another Drowning on Reelfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Drowning on Reelfoot

My dad just called me and said there was another drowning on Reelfoot today about 3:30pm. Details he had was, rental boat from Cypress Point capsized trying to cross from Green Island. One guy swam to the duck blind on the point and the other didn't make it, rescue squad had to get the pontoon from the park to go look for them.
    He was in my boat and wouldn't cross the lake back to the state park until 6:00 because the waves were all of 3 1/2'.
    There is no place I'd rather be than Reelfoot lake fishing with my family and I breaks my heart to hear about this 3rd drowning in eight days. From now on me and mine will wear our life jackets crossing the lake whether we need them or not.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad and senseless. I'm as guilty as any when it comes to not putting my jacket on at all times when I'm running the boat. For the sake of my family,I know I should.

Prayers to the families.

The windy conditions were a factor in a bass tournament death on KY Lake today.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Semo View Post
    My dad just called me and said there was another drowning on Reelfoot today about 3:30pm. Details he had was, rental boat from Cypress Point capsized trying to cross from Green Island. One guy swam to the duck blind on the point and the other didn't make it, rescue squad had to get the pontoon from the park to go look for them.
    He was in my boat and wouldn't cross the lake back to the state park until 6:00 because the waves were all of 3 1/2'.
    There is no place I'd rather be than Reelfoot lake fishing with my family and I breaks my heart to hear about this 3rd drowning in eight days. From now on me and mine will wear our life jackets crossing the lake whether we need them or not.
    I agree 100%!! Gonna start wearing mine also. Very sad news and we will be praying for the family.

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

They have been searching for a guy on the Ar. River for 3 days. He went fishing and never came home. They found his damaged boat. His life jacket was laying in the bottom of the boat. Very sad
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Have mercy Lord. People wear those life jackets. It is better to have it on and not need it...than to need one and not have it on.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

The rule in my boat is you must have on life jacket if big motor is
    going fast enough to make a wake, regardless of how hot it is.

Post Thanks / Like

My new rule is, if its to deep to stand up and you can't drink it all, life jackets on....
    If it's to deep to stand up and there is to much to drink, WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad news

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdobbs View Post
    The rule in my boat is you must have on life jacket if big motor is
    going fast enough to make a wake, regardless of how hot it is.
    Ditto. Another rule I have is everyone must be able to swim. Makes no sense for folks to be on the water who can't swim - regardless of life jackets. My daughter put my grandson through swim lessons just so he could go fishing with me.
    Randy Andres