Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guntersville 5/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guntersville 5/9/13

Looks like it's going to rain again all this weekend so I took today off work and hit G'ville again. A coworker and I boated about 60 fish, including 38 crappie, a bunch of bluegill, several yellow bass, a couple 2-3lb hybrids, a 3-lb largemouth, a 5-lb channel cat and 4 or 5 damn drum. It's bad enough to have to catch one, but those stupid things know exactly how to swim around and tangle up 6 lines at a time. In any case, don't have any pics from today; we only kept the crappie and gave all of them to an older gentleman and his wife fishing from a pontoon boat near the ramp. He was pumped to get them, and I was pumped I didn't have to clean them. win-win.

Just like this past Sunday, every color jig and tube we had caught fish. No bruisers this time, though. All of them were 10-13" fish. Maybe 2 dozen whites and the rest blacks. The bluegill seem to be getting very aggressive, and the ones we caught today were bigger than the ones we caught on Sunday. May have to go out next time with some crickets and get the bait down where they want it and see if we can pull some hogs out of there.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun day!

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a fun few weeks!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrates and great report. Wished I could have taken a day off before the rain starts again!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report and if you ever see me... I love cleaning crappie. Red and White Nitro Bay 1800. Haha.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind cleaning them, but yesterday started out as a great day to fish and clean crappie when I was done, but by about 1pm it had turned into a killer day for fishing but a million fires to put out when I got home.........and fish cleaning was going to lose out. That's the problem of taking off work to go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report, How were you fishing for them, long lining , spider or spot casting ?? Want to give it a try tomorow since they giving 30 % rain in the AM .Also how deep were the crappie??

Post Thanks / Like

Long lining. Fish were in about 8-10 ft of water. Can't go this weekend at all.........rain, kid's stuff, Mother's Day........the anti-fishing trifecta.

Post Thanks / Like

Man thanks for the reply was that over deeper water or 8 to 10 ft deep water, i figure thats the bottom depth (grin ) but you never know , probably in the edge of weeds !!! I figure a lot of the spawned out crappie will be in schools at the 10 ft level over deeper water . Anyway be glad you got the kids and the mothers day thing going on !! but yeah been delayed by that happening myself !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast