Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman or Smithville on Mother's Day?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman or Smithville on Mother's Day?

First post in quite awhile, basically just stalk the site, but hoping you won't hold that against me. Looking for a little help making a decision. I always ask my husband, daughter and son to take me fishing on Mother's day. We live in KC and usually head to Smithville and do quite well, but this year I have the option of going to Truman below the dam. The kids, 13 & 23 years old, aren't huge fishing fans and my husband and I are pretty much novices, but there's practically nothing I enjoy moreand only get to go about 3-4 times a year. I am hoping you can point me in the right direction for the spawn, so we can get in on some exciting crappie fishing. We will be fishing from the bank or docks using minnows and jigs. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeeinMo View Post
    Smithville
    TRUMAN! :-) ha

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lee! Leaning toward Smithville. Andy at Burtons always tries to point us in the right direction and is usually pretty good at putting us on them. Husband and I were able to get out to Prairie Lee for a couple of hours 2 days ago. Fishing from the bank near the ramp we caught 4 about 3' deep, 5-10 feet from shore. All 9-10". Hope the action is better at Smithville.

Post Thanks / Like

You're killing me here! LOL! Probably can't go wrong at either location. For myself love to be out there fish or no fish, but hope the family can get in on some!

Post Thanks / Like

Lee is right Smithville should be perfect from the bank Mothers day!!!!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Smithville was spotty today for us but we did manage some fish. If only the sun would stay out for a few days. Water up Little Plate arm was 65 and "w" was 60 today. Next week should be on fire.