Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A little forum help, please

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little forum help, please

I never subscribe to threads. With that said, I used to be able to go to my page and look on the left side to "latest posts" and "started threads" to look up my past posts. Now when I do that, I get a V bulletin error message saying no matches to my inquiry.

And many topics have been added to subscribed threads and I never put them there.

Can someone point me in the right direction to unsubscribe them all and go back to how it was before? I'm not seeing an "unsubscibe" button.

Also wondering if this is some sort of automatic change based on length of time here or number of posts or something.

Post Thanks / Like

It is in " settings ", I'm using my phone. Look up on the top of the page and you will find settings, click on that, it will be in there on the left side

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, I found all that. As a test, I unsubscribed from 2 threads. When I click on "find latest posts", I still get the message of no matching results. Even this thread does not show up there. Hmmmmm.......

It just seems odd, these sweeping changes that I don't think I've had a hand in doing.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ed has the "search previous posts" thingy either dumbed down or limited in scope. Even as a SuperMod, I can only get ONE previous post on Poxy, and zero on you (6lbtest). Even when I look at my own, I rarely get more than 5 or 6 past posts to show up ... unlike what it used to be, where you could call up pages & pages of your previous posts.

Subscriptions to forums is not automatic, as far as I know. I'm not subscribed to any, and have not had any of Ed's changes/edits/updates cause me to be subscribed to any. Have you tried to go into the "subscribe to ...." section of those forums you've been placed on, and see if there's an option to uncheck a box/circle or a straight out Unsubscribe link ?? If there's not any, your best bet would be to send a PM to Slab & tell him what's going on (or enclose a link to this thread). He can modify your profile for you.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

What the "HEY" is a "SUPER MOD" ??????????????????????????????
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Ed is God.... A Super Mod is God the Son....A mod is God the Holy Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom309 View Post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom309 View Post
    .... I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya

Seriously though ... a SuperMod is a regular Moderator with "extra duties & capabilities". We're tasked with taking the letter of the law (site rules) to any and all posts/threads/forums we visit ... unlike the regular Mods, which tend to be much more lenient in their interpretation of site rules &/or how they dispense any consequences for violations.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

CP, there is a setting for subscribing but I've never used them; neither to threads or particular forms. The board seems to have made these changes without my input.

Its not a big deal, particularly if Slab needs to make these adjustments to keep things running smoothly.

Whoops, meant to say that the "subscribe" is set to "do not subscribe" and has been since I started here.

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox View Post
    Ed is God.... A Super Mod is God the Son....A mod is God the Holy Spirit
    Right about the time I think your creative streak has met it's end you just open your mouth and out come another

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by backtocrappie View Post
    Right about the time I think your creative streak has met it's end you just open your mouth and out come another
    I couldn't help myself, you ought to know that by now