Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Haven't heard any reports!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Haven't heard any reports!!!!

I haven't heard andy reports lately, good or bad. I think here in a bit I'm gonna go hit a few lakes so will let ya all know either tonight or tomorrow how it went.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried last night, but that wind was too much. Something about getting hit in the back with a 55 mph wind gust that nearly pushed me into the water was enough to send me packing and back home to dinner. I have today and tomorrow off, and I don't work on the weekends. Wind will be between 15 - 20 mph, a tad on the high side for me when I want to go for crappie, bluegill or bass. This weekend will be much better wind wise. Lighter winds and warmer temps should make those shallow areas hot spots this weekend. Probably gonna have to fight some folks for a good spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I haven’t posted here…I’ve posted on the KS forum since all of my trips after ice have been to KS. I’m trying to get my fill of KS before I move this summer to Western NE. Between the wind and passing fronts it’s been hard to time an aggressive bite. I guess a fella just has to go and be happy, oh ya and learn something new.
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

Got out around noon today. Should have known better, because after 3 hours of nothing. I stuck my hand in the water and wow it was COLD! I lost my thermostat, but if i had to guess, that water was probably in the mid to upper 40's. Shouldn't be too much of a surprise i guess, it was in the 20's last night. Thankfully tonight we should get down to 47, 20 degrees warmer than last night. With another sun filled day tomorrow and warm temps, this weekend should provide an excellent time to hit the shallows and find an aggressive bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out yesterday also, I couldn't get the skunk out of the bag but my buddy caught 1 9" crappie and a few decent gills. Nothing to brag about but he out fished me. Passion you been doing any good down in KS, we were suppose to go down there a few weeks ago but buddy had to take his wife back into hospital. Hoping to get down to Glenn sometime in May I hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Caught another trout at Halleck today. Water still a little chilly. Later on I caught a grass carp at the Base Lake.