Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Wylie , April 24 , 2013.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wylie , April 24 , 2013.

Decided at the spur of the moment to head to Wither's Cove after work. With a dozen minnows , I set a personal record for numbers of crappie caught on my own. All fish were caught about 5' down in 9' of water. They ranged from 8 to 9 inches , and bit steadily enough to send me back to the car after an hour. I didn't take pictures , as the battery died enroute. I arrived at 8:30 , and also landed a 14 inch channel on the last minnow.

Post Thanks / Like

Use too love too fish this lake when I lived in Gastonia N.C. Fished alot of boat docks &aolo the hot hole on N.C. end. Use too use cork with jig, pitching it too laydowns. Really enjoy reports from there. GOOD FISHING!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see a report from that cove. Where you at the back around the big bend? Congrats on your best catch.
    "Smiles don't leave a lake without one."
    "White Perch the other white meat."
    "CK the Official Tester of floating nets".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieKidd View Post
    Nice to see a report from that cove. Where you at the back around the big bend? Congrats on your best catch.
    No , I was near the bridge , standing on the outward facing berm. I used to go back there , but since Siemens resumed operations , they have been hypervigilant about keeping non employees out of that area. I had to park a block away , the last time I parked closer , I was threatened with a $500 fine.