Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hickory and backwaters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hickory and backwaters

Yakked up a few on Hickory this evening, nice fish hard to come by though, all fish were on edges of tree laps, not on the banks, not yet perhaps, or maybe i missed hickory completely, headed to some backwaters, that dont see many fishermen tomorrow will report back!
    Just Yakin along

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report

Post Thanks / Like

When I fished Hky a few weeks ago I also picked em up around tree laps and off docks with deeper water. I do not think they all have went to the banks yet, and also catching em in the same places on Rhodhiss. With this crazy weather it is hard to tell where or when and if they may have already spawned. I just keep fishing my regular spots and trying the banks and hope to catch a mess. Thanks for the report!!! Glad ya found a few!!
    Difference between day and night: Day= one rod, one jig/Night= Many rods & a bucket full of minners

Post Thanks / Like

Fished the backwaters yesterday evening from 4 to 730 kept a dozen solid keepers threw about six back, good fishing, fun anyways, wind killed us (only had a trolling motor on a jon boat) only fished two protected coves, passed up a lot of shoreline due to the wind, Fish were all tight on the banks, Im shifting my opinion, i think the spawn for the waters around here has just now really started, caught fish on red and chartruese and minnows
    Just Yakin along

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, might have to go give Hky a try tomorrow. If you don't mind, telling were you fishing the upper, middle, or lower part of the lake?
    Difference between day and night: Day= one rod, one jig/Night= Many rods & a bucket full of minners

Post Thanks / Like

I will do ya better than that Little River, all the way up to icard dam
    Just Yakin along

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I have been fishing in there myself. Last time it was real muddy but did manage a few off the tree tops.