Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Taking my woman to Harris Lake, help me out fellas!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taking my woman to Harris Lake, help me out fellas!

So the title says it all. I'm taking my lady to Harris this Friday and I don't want her to be bored out of her mind, aka, not catching fish! I haven't been able to go recently and I'm still fairly new to crappie fishing. I was going back in March and doing pretty good when they were still deep. I'm not asking for any specific places at all, I was just wondering about water depth and structure (beaver dens, creeks, etc...). Also whether you guys mainly use minnows or jigs this time of year? Any advice is greatly appreciated because I would love for her to get hooked on some crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Been fishing banks, most of the fish holding the banks tight, in some nasty cover chartruese and red bobby garland, slow rolling
    Just Yakin along

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice, I'll get back on here and let yall know how we do.

Post Thanks / Like

We have done our best stuff longline trolling in 4-8 FOW. Curly tails with 1/16oz round jigheads. Usually troll until we hit them and then stop and cast to the them. I haven't fished Harris since the first of the month. At that time, we found them on the bank. Would definately be interested in a report from Harris since the report of the fish kill last week. GOOD LUCK!!

Jason
    A bad day fishing is still better than almost anything!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Jason, I see you are from Aberdeen, that's my neck of the woods too I live in Cameron and work in Pinehurst. Never really done any slow trolling before, I always fish with live minnows for crappie, if I do use jigs I usually cast them to the bank. I have a minn kota with the auto pilot, do you just get in about 4-8 FOW and slow troll up the bank? I'm guessing have your jigs at different depths to see where they are hitting? Thanks for the info again I'll definitely let you guys know how we do.

Cameron