Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Several days on Lake O

Post Thanks / Like

Default Several days on Lake O

Fish are on the banks from 2ft to 8ft. They're scattered out. If you can find some shallow banks that haven't been drilled you'll probably catch some good fish. Folks are out in force on the Glaize arm down by the Army Rec Mcubbings point area. I swear most people think the only time to catch crappie is in the spring, and I personally think it's one of the worst times of the year to go. Color doesn't matter right now but it seems to help if you can tip with a minnow or crappie nibbler. Now that the rain has subsided for the last three days and the nights are getting warmer the fishing should get even better on Lake O. Some days it seemed to work better if you used a cork witch I never do mostly but if they just want it sitting there they just want it sitting there. I won't use a 12ft rod when I'm mostly trying to cast into places. I don't know what the water temperature was tonight 4/21 but on 4/19 it was 58 is what a couple of different guys told me as they were pulling out. Catching a good mix of females with males who are getting their spawning black bellies. Limits came in pretty short order but you had to work the banks up and down then back again. They're not on structure so it seems to me like pre-stage for spawn near rocks. Next time I go I'm hitting a different arm all of my good banks are getting murdered by other fisherman and the fishing is getting slower, I'm thinking because of pressure. It's time to get back to the big Niangua for this ol boy start fishing some docks and banks not everyone and their brother knows about. Hopefully. Good luck hope this helps. The pics are todays catch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

nice report, congrats on the fishin.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Danny. It seems like everyone turns into a crappie fisherman during the spawn. Good luck next time out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSL Angler View Post
    Nice report Danny. It seems like everyone turns into a crappie fisherman during the spawn. Good luck next time out.
    Yea and the sad thing is with so many boaters out there you can't really hide any brush you've sunk or anything. If your catching crappie five boats are gonna see it. They're gonna tell five other boats and those boats are gonna tell five boats. Next time you hit your spot theres ten boats in line to hit your spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Danny. Like you said if one boat sees you catch a few the next time there will be 5 boats sitting there, Took my daughter out friday night to try to catch a few literally hit on back with some blowdowns on it before we could get to the end 3 yes I said 3 boats pulled up in front of us, Im talking 15 minutes. I told her put up the rods and we will find some more, My daughter doesnt fish much but she was upset and as we left she wanted to let them have it, even she knows some things are not right.

Post Thanks / Like

cleahed some loz fish last week the feelays were not a real pretty white let em soak overnight they water was dirty soaked again water looked good fried feelays excellant anyone else seein this in their fishes?caught these monday last week arouind 46 mm??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springhillwantabe View Post
    cleahed some loz fish last week the feelays were not a real pretty white let em soak overnight they water was dirty soaked again water looked good fried feelays excellant anyone else seein this in their fishes?caught these monday last week arouind 46 mm??
    My filets have been looking alright but I always let mine soak overnight before I freeze em.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report danny, its nice to hear that someone is on them.
    Balzout Mounts

Post Thanks / Like

Mine from last weekend were also dirty looking, kinda brownish tint. I let mine sit in water for few hours and they cleaned up nicely!

Post Thanks / Like

good report Danny, never seen the dirty fillets before, not even from Truman. huh? wonder what the heck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast