Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie and crabs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie and crabs

Late report from this weekend got 36 crappie 4 pickeral on sat morn , then switched boats took trot line out to spot we got crabs early last year shallow dark bottom place that warms up quick got only 32 keepers ,got 2 bushel. same week last year. Sun crabbed again tried different spot about the same. Should be getting better soon. Crappie spot the water warmed from 49 last week to 62 this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tear-em-up View Post
    Late report from this weekend got 36 crappie 4 pickeral on sat morn , then switched boats took trot line out to spot we got crabs early last year shallow dark bottom place that warms up quick got only 32 keepers ,got 2 bushel. same week last year. Sun crabbed again tried different spot about the same. Should be getting better soon. Crappie spot the water warmed from 49 last week to 62 this week.
    Those crabs sure were good and the boys from new york really did enjoy them thanks to you and momma for inviting us over it was an enjoyable day sunday for all! Took em out this morning finally crappie fishing to the place you reconed saturday morn and we did well, little late getting there but ended up with 43 crappie 2 gills 3 pickeral and kind of got into a little bit of a yellow perch bite over buy the road beleive it or not, we got 7 or 8?? intresting huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you guys on the crappie. I went out Sunday afternoon and tried a couple places north of Salisbury with only a couple small crappie and YP which we thru back to grow up then went to a couple Delaware spots and caught a few pickeral and bluegill but over all was really a slow day. At least I didn't have to clean any fish. I am planning on getting out this weekend I hope on the kayak and try a little farther south on ES Saturday for some bigger crappie as long as its not too windy or rainy. Thanks for the report.