Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: buffalo fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default buffalo fish

I know this is a crappie forum, but I've seen some guys on tv catch buffalo fish using gill nets and heard that guntersville has some. I thought it would be fun to try to.catch some on rod and reel. anybody caught any? Carp would also be fun too, so either one. if so, what bait, areas etc? Would there be any around Ditto landing? Thanks in advance, I'm wanting to catch some since its one of the few species I havent caught and thought they would put up a goid fight. thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

You can catch plenty of carp around any of the boat houses on the main channel of the river on guntersville. I can't count how many I've caught when NOT trying to.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply! I wonder if they would be around the boat slips at Ditto since that is close to me?

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that they catch buffalo in the areas around arrowhead off greenbrier on 565. Oatmeal balls is what they catch them on.
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Ditto is the closest to me; thats why I was wondering about it. would be nice to be able to drop by for a quick trip and hook into a big buffalo lol

Post Thanks / Like

I caught a buffalo over at Wheeler Dam, fishing for cat and stripe with shiners. I hooked it in the mouth, maybe by accident but it put on a hell of a fight in the tailwaters. Weighed about 35 pounds my guess. It was about three feet long.

Post Thanks / Like

I know that the bowfishing guys shoot alot of them but I dont want to have to put a buncha lights on my boat and go at night to catch um lol