Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: HR Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default HR Report

Fished HR yesteday with my 14 year old and dad. Ended up going to FLat Swamp and fished nothing but piers. We caught well over 100 and ended up keeping 11. They seemed to be in about 3 fow and was biting minnows and jigs. The females still had eggs and didn't catch any catfish so i have been told that means the best is yet to come. Hopefully, the big ones will continue to come up over the next week or so. Anyway, was a good day on the lake. Nothing is better thatn watching a youngster catch alot of fish and grin the whole time. Thanks to everyone out there who offers advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by readytofish View Post
    Fished HR yesteday with my 14 year old and dad. Ended up going to FLat Swamp and fished nothing but piers. We caught well over 100 and ended up keeping 11. They seemed to be in about 3 fow and was biting minnows and jigs. The females still had eggs and didn't catch any catfish so i have been told that means the best is yet to come. Hopefully, the big ones will continue to come up over the next week or so. Anyway, was a good day on the lake. Nothing is better thatn watching a youngster catch alot of fish and grin the whole time. Thanks to everyone out there who offers advice.
    Thanks for the info. Nice catch.

Crappie don't all spawn at the same time in all parts of the lake. So, when a certain area dries up. Move on to another. Black crappie tend to spawn a little later (all crappie tend to turn black when spawning) . You can tell a real black crappie by counting the spines on the dorsel fin (top fin). A black crappie will have 7 or 8. A white crappie will have no more than 6. I have found some good areas at HR were the black crappie tend to get thick later on in the spawn.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    boots

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Great report.
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---WHEN I CAN FISH AND CATCH:D

Post Thanks / Like

Great day, thanks for sharing