Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: April 7-12 fishing Weiss

Post Thanks / Like

Red face April 7-12 fishing Weiss

April 7 tried trolling jigs for crappie but had little success on the crappie but did catch 25 small stripe and hybrid's plus 2 catfish. April 8-11 were great crappie fishing. Gave up trolling and went to shooting docks. The water was clear so we tried white jiffy jigs and that was the ticket. We averaged over 100 crappie a day, but only had 20-25 keepers and we never left the cove we were staying on. This trip sure was cheep on gas. The storm on the 11th messed up the fishing for me Friday as I was by myself trying to shoot docks in a 30 mph gale force wind. I did manage to catch 20 but didn't have a keeper. The best crappie was a 14 inch black nose. Fun trip other that the storm, they appear to blow a little harder in Al than in Ga.

Post Thanks / Like

Well based on the Weiss reports on here (none), all them little ones should grow up to be giants!

Post Thanks / Like

try the crème Lil' Fishie white/gray back if you shoot docks at Weiss......they have quickly became my personal favorite especially with a 1/48 or 1/64 oz head.....just a suggestion
    1-God...2-Family...3-Crappie...4-Crimson Tide...5-My Dogs...100-My Job