Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delaney Creek Park

Post Thanks / Like

Default Delaney Creek Park

We are camping and taking the boat to fish this weekend, and i was wondering if anyone knows how the fishing is there? Anything you could tell us would be great because we're newbies lol. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed there for a few days a couple weeks ago. The lake is deep and has plenty on cover, the crappie aren't much, but the lake has some decent gills, and a few catfish, couldn't tell you much about the bass. Stay away from the room cleaning hottie, she's my future x wife, she just don't know it yet.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info! I have my own hottie that will be with me but if my boys see her there could be a problem. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I have a suspicion you'd better call and book NOW! Things should start filling up with Locator's advertisment.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only fished Delaney two or three times so I can't really give you an accurate idea of what to expect. We did catch fish in the finger off of the dam, most were ok bluegill and a couple of nice redear. Rumor has it that the lake had huge redear at one time, maybe it still does but I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah we always book a spot! I hope we catch the huge redear

Post Thanks / Like

I'm dusting off my tent. Does that gal clean tents?

As for the fishing... don't be afraid to work yourself into the thick timber and go as far as you can up the small feeder creek channel. Use small jigs and beemoths (waxworms). Yes, you will get hung up and lose jigs...but the fish should be there.

Get you a good map of the area. Plenty of gov land there to hunt mushrooms....they should be popping up now !!

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

HHD, where is Delaney lake?

I found a small lake off of 135 north of Salem.

I would like more info on the camping etc.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Off of 135 south of Brownstown, north of Salem. Actually 4 TM only lakes in that stretch....first just south of brownstown in the vallonia area if you are driving south... turn left (east) is starve hollow, then a little further south on 135 as you cross the muscatatuck river and into washington county you'll find a sign directing you left (east) to delany park, then just a little further south on 135 you can turn right (west) to lake John Hay (city of salem water supply), and then just a little south of Salem is Salina (left, east) of the road. Oh, forgot a 5th lake...just a small distance south of delaney on the same county road, there is a small tm lake of which I forget the name offhand. I believe Delaney is a county owned lake and charges something like $4 launch fee? John Hay and Salina are city of Salem lakes and require $20 yrly pass to launch. Starve Hollow...not sure of status...recently drained...just requires state launch permit. If I have screwed up here, sure someone will correct me.

A lot of state land...part of what is known as Jackson Washington State Forest.

Delaney has a web site I believe.

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks HHD. how is the fishing at those lakes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast