Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ky Lake On The Rise

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ky Lake On The Rise

I can't remember the last time that TVA brought KY Lake up to summer pool this early. Right now she's at about 358.60-ish. I don't see any significant water in the other pools, above or below the dam that would necessitate this early rise. I suspect that TVA is expecting the Drought to extend for another year and may be "Stocking" some water for later this summer.

I think this late Spring and early rise is gonna be real good for the Crappie Spawn if TVA doesn't pull the rug out from under them.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

It seemed to be on a slow rise last week when were there. Hopefully we don't have any crazy flooding this year and they can hold the lake reasonably steady and the fish have a good spawn. Its got to get reloaded for seasons yet to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin is the same way. It is at summer pool now and they aren't letting any water out.

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect they're extremely gunshy about a repeat of last year. They knee jerked from the previous record floods and didn't get up to summer pool at all last year or if they did, it was only for a few weeks before draw down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    It seemed to be on a slow rise last week when were there. Hopefully we don't have any crazy flooding this year and they can hold the lake reasonably steady and the fish have a good spawn. Its got to get reloaded for seasons yet to come.
    Another good spawn would be great,but the number of short whites and white crappie in general is already tremendous. It will be good for years to come either way IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

When they did the drop right at spawn last year they ruined it. The last 3 years have been bad so a good one would be grand.
    I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticman View Post
    When they did the drop right at spawn last year they ruined it. The last 3 years have been bad so a good one would be grand.
    Someone forgot to tell the short fish they didn't get spawned if that's true.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll regenerate. They ruined my fishing.
    I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.

Post Thanks / Like

I've not caught many short fish this yr. like I did last yr. I have caught a ton of 10.5" to 11.5" fish though. According to Paul Rister these would be the 2009 & 2010 spawns. I have only caught a few over 2# and very few over 1.5#. That could have something to do with where I've been catch'n though. I haven't done much deep fish'n.

I have just recently started catch'n some 10" fish that even though they are right on the line, I have been releasing. I've seen those fish shrink in the livewell.

I don't know what causes it but I've done experiments with the shorties. I put 2 fish in my back live well. Both fish were RIGHT ON THE LINE with their mouth closed and tail pinched. At the end of the day they were 1/8 or better short! Didn't matter what I did, they were short. Thank God I didn't get checked. At $202.50 ($50 fine + 152.50 Court Cost) per fish that woulda been an expensive experiment. If you catch a fish that's on the line, I suggest you release it or at least check it again before leaving. If it's not at least 1/4 inch over the line without the tail pinched it don't go in my boat anymore.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up Wiskers

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast