Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crawdaddies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crawdaddies

has anyone ever tried using a crawdad, crawfish, crayfish, mudbug,...etc. trap? you know what i'm talking about, they are medium sized wire boxes with a hole in it (the hole has to be a certain size or smaller legally)specifically on LOZ. Bugs, you might be able to confirm this, but i have been seeing more every year on peoples docks over there. i know folks have great luck on tablerock, but i'm thinking about making one and using it on LOZ to catch some craws for dinner, and i guess bait on an exceptionally rough day. i love fresh boiled crawdads. has anybody tried this?
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

That would be new to me fry i have never heard of trapping crawdads on loz i do know that there are alot of em up in the glaize early in the year cause all the smallmouth and googleye are full of them when i clean em,let me know what you figure out boiled crawdads does sound good.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

We used them when we was kids around bills beach wich is now mallard bay.
    We put them in the creeks that ran into the lake and caught 100's.
    Thanks for the memory jog.
    I remember dad boiling water and putting them in and eat away.
    I do not remember what we used for bait but I think it was dog food.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I never used a crawdad trap but I did make a crawdad rake one time. I used an 8 foot piece of pipe and welded some light weight angle on the end to form a rectangle. I then spot welded some fine screen construction mesh to the angle. I would go to ditches that held water most of the time and could rake a hundred or so out in a few minutes. Naturally I only kept what the MO Conservation laws would allow. Speck

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default mudbug reply

fry guy use them,built them. sold them love them folks down here use them on tablerock cause their is a breed of verry big bugs their. not found in two many other places. darn good eatin too. bass pro sells one works good. use it for pattern or get picture easy as heck to make use rabbit hooks and crimper plyers m f a sell them boiled. fried. on in a pie yum yum

the beagle man

go fish