Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The youth of America

Post Thanks / Like

Default The youth of America

So I am standing on the side of my house bailing out some rain water that collects on my jon boat cover and one of three teenage boys is tossing a glass bottle into a tree who's branches over hang the road. Although it bounced the first time or two the glass bottle finally shattered all over the road. I ask them in not so polite words word the &^%$ are you doing? The football they were tossing got stuck in the tree so one of them had the bright idea to use a glass bottle to knock it free. I can't say that would be my first pick for tree branches over hanging a paved road. They did pick up the majority of the glass but as I told them it's a mess for people who walk their dogs there. I mean really, tossing a glass bottle?

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like the majority of todays kids do not even consider the possible results of their actions.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like tree can catch better than they can throw!
    Some kids just don't have good sense, I remember a kid in 6 grade (1968) thought t would be funny to take a squirt gun into a bank, and rob them of lollipops!
    Needless to say he didn't make it back to school for a while!

Post Thanks / Like

30+ yrs at the med school and the last 5 or so the "kids" have gotten progressively more self centered "All about me... and you don't mean [DELETED] to me if you don't sign my Dean's Letter".

I pity their future staff... there are maybe 4-5 from the 1st and 2nd year classes that I would allow to touch me as a physician.

They seriously need to have a craio-rectal-ectomy (think it through )so that someone can remove the silver spoons they have stuck up their collective.... aaaaaasssssssss I was saying.

Cheers
    Doug
    Last edited by Chasing Ghosts; 04-05-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That should read Cranio-Rectal-Ectomy

Post Thanks / Like

Give the kids a little credit, bad decision on the bottle, but at least they were outside and not on the X box,

Post Thanks / Like

I'm somewhat of a youngin', I'm 33 and the kids today have absolutely zero respect for anyone other then them selves. I blame their parents, the "system" and the schools.

Im sure if you asked their parents, their little angels would never do anything like that. Some kids are just turds, some don't know any better and some actually get it. The kids of the last few years have me skeered. The whole gotta have it now or else mentality is trouble on the horizon.