Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great day on Barren!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great day on Barren!

Today I went down to Barren River Lake crappie fishing and the story surrounding the day was more interesting than the fishing trip. I was backing the trailor down into the lake at the end of the day and looked into my rearview mirror and saw the guy who had just put his boat in, jump into the lake after his boat. After backing my trailor in, I walked over and asked if he were OK and he said he'd be fine. I told him that I had extra clothes in my vehicle for just such an ocassion. At first he declined and said he had another sweatshirt in his truck and walked towards the parking lot. After I had loaded the boat I pulled up to the parking lot, saw him putting the sweatshirt on and I got out a pair of jeans, socks, a shirt, and a towel and told him I wouldn't take no for an answer. As I was stowing my gear three boys and their dad caught my eye so I asked them how they'd done and the dad said not so good. Turns out they'd come from Lexington and gotten skunked, so I told them to take the 12 i'd caught and make up some good stories. The boys, and dad, were thrilled! When I turned to leave, the fella i'd given the clothes to was trying to give me a twenty and I told him no way. Put those in a sack and behind the seat of your truck, some day you do the same for someone else. Its a good day when you make new friends!
    Everything is possible. The impossible just takes longer!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a true sportsman!!! Congrats
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

It nice to know that there is some good people left in this world!!!! They will remember you the rest of their life.

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you...that is an incredible story about being a true sportsman. I don't know if I have ever seen someone try to be that kind to complete strangers..including myself. You set a great example, and speaking for myself, make me want to be a better person. Thanks for sharing
    kycrappie

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Russ, what a fine fella. I see Barren is still being stingy......now that the water is finally settling and warming it should start turning on.

Post Thanks / Like

As good as it made them feel, it made you feel even better. Giving respect is a sign of self respect. I think doing the right thing tells you a lot about how someone feels about theirself.

I especially like what you said about helping someone else down the road. Paying it forward. Good one!