Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hr on april fools day

Post Thanks / Like

Default hr on april fools day

We got foooooled...fished second creek with 20 potato chips thrown back,,tried another small creek with only a few more throw backs..went to stiper fishn had 2 nice fish get off and landed 2 others at 9.5 and 10.5 lbs...got there at 10 and left at 6 and the water temp was 53 and 54.5 when left...mayve got more but that wind was whippn up some 2-3' waves out there on the channel...water looked good with only some floating logs up near crane coming down the channel...i like my wylie crappie better cause they,d eat them little 4-6" long fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I had some friends out there striper fishing. Where abouts did you catch yours, if I may ask? They caught 6, biggest was 16.5, all on artificial. Haven't heard where yet, but am guessing main river channel.

Post Thanks / Like

wasnt guy named coy was it? out on main channel out from abbots..was hearin from a friend from his friend that his buddy was out there and had 6 or 7 with biggest goin 17...we should've strictly striper fished and we mightve did better, b4 the swells started.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Coy is who I was speaking with. He text me a few pics and weights. Said the wind was rough, but worth it, haha.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Saturday and should have fished all day for the strips. Spent most of the day playing around looking for bass and crappie. Crappie are still deep and the bass had lock jaw. Saw a few NICE large mouths jumping shad but I couldn't get them to bite. Just might have to fish the rain Friday even though the Rock isn't known for its rainy weather bite.