Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: had to work for them today

Post Thanks / Like

Default had to work for them today

today was a ruff start. i was there an hour before i came in contact with anything, and that was mr. green jeans. lol the wind was strong and from the south. warmest water was 52* by 7:00pm. probed a bunch of my go to spots with nothing in the boat. i was about to give up and fish cats when i came upon a tree full. i stroked 15 crappie all over 12 and 2 over 14", all blacks. the wind shifted and pushed me into the brush and that was game over. fished on and went back later but they were not having any of it or had moved off completely.

the two 14s-

bobby garland baby shad baits in chrome glitter flake on 1/16 head. fished 2ft down in 2-6fow.

Post Thanks / Like

Couple hog specks, right there! I had the same thing this morning, minus the big fish. Only fish I found, including blacks, were suspended anywhere from 6- 14' down over 25+ FOW. They seemed to be relating to deep water and that was it...weird for this amateur.

Post Thanks / Like

There you go again RS...slapping some big slab black crappie in our face ! Beautiful fish you got there. Very surprising you are finding 52 deg that far north...as I have only found up to 48 deg so far down here...but wasn't out the last couple of days. I am assuming you are fishing in a shallow north bay of the lake to get those temps. Nothing like crashing into the brush pile to send the fish off in all directions.

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

yes, northern side of very shallow and very muddy water HHD. some of the other lakes still have some ice on them. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job. Just got back from a couple days of camping with my son. Cold and windy, no crappie to speak of, but we wore the channel cats out. We have the freezer full, between Monday and Tues. we boated 37 from 1lb. to 12 lbs. Not usually what I'm doing this time of year, but it was too easy.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944