Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No matter how much you know (or think you know). . .X2

Post Thanks / Like

Default No matter how much you know (or think you know). . .X2

Well I have been doing quite well with the fishing and catching end this year. I would hate to guess how many keeper crappie the fish gods have blessed by boat with year to date? Saw the post by Dr Fish the other day and thought well maybe this old dog could learn some new tricks, gave Richard a call and I had the pleasure of fishing with him today.
    I think 17 was the lowest temp I saw on the truck thermometer on the way down, thank God the sun was shinning bright. When he asked if I wanted to take a ride while it was still cold or wait till it warmed up, I had no idea what lower twenties at 60 mph feels like!
    Well worth the ride, got into them right off the bat, had a couple of good limits for Richard in probably and hour and a half. Never thought about it but he said he never gets any fish? Glad to help out on that!
    We (I) anyway had a ball, picked his brain about everything I could think of, and every species of fish that swim in Truman Lake! He is indeed everything I had heard about knowledge of catching fish year round in any condition. Very willing to share his knowledge of the lake which is unbelievable! If I had done this years ago it would have shortened my years learning considerably!
    Well worth the price of the trip to learn so much in such short order, and to have pleasure of having a friendship in such a nice guy! Thanks Richard!

Post Thanks / Like

Default No matter how much you know (or think you know). . .X2

Good job getting after them in the cold! So I guess the saying not true you can teach old dogs new tricks!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew you would have a fun trip. Richard is a great fisherman and even nicer guy. Very very knowledgable and from what I hear there is no one better on a trolling motor. Can't wait to get out with him sometime. Heck he can have my fish to. I sure am not going to eat them.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a great day..Richard is a class act all the way...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your trip report. Enjoyed the reading. Hope someday to take a trip like that.

Post Thanks / Like

YEa thats a blast going across the lake at 60mph when its 20 degree's out there.. but its worth it when you get into them like that. its only cold when there not bitting. WTG nice report.

Post Thanks / Like

well nice going and cudos on giving Richard the fish, nice guy you are.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark it was nice fishing with you to. Sharing stories and watching the poles load up is what its all about. I had a great time on the water with you and i will say you are a Great fisherman. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Richard goes above and beyond to make your day, you couldn't ask for a better person.
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time. Richard is a pro in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast