Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need help to decide Jordan or High Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Question Need help to decide Jordan or High Rock

Need some help to decide. haven't been out any this year yet because of work. Ill be off the first week of April. Last year was kinda a bust at Jordan but its been several years since I fished High Rock. If I go to High Rock ill be camped at Tamarac marina. I plan on going up one day this week to do a little scouting at High Rock and decide but any help from a few friends here will be greatly appreciated. Also any help on where to even start trying to find fish at High Rock will be appreciated. Ive fished Jordan for years so I know it pretty well. Thanks in advance to any and all opinions.
    Freedom isnt free, semper fi
    KI4SYJ

Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak too much about High Rock Lake other than there are a number of folks on here who make HR their home stompin' grounds. Since Jordan and High Rock are approximately an hour and a half apart in distance... and given that the distance to either is not a consideration for you... I might suggest that I would be tickled to death to have a week off (at either) to do nothing but camp and fish. I'm sure there are others who will help guide you in the right direction. I know you're looking forward to that time on the water. Good luck to you... and we'll be looking forward to a good report on your outcome.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

dritrooster I've not been to high rock since the rain this passed Sunday and the wind they are predicting for this week I would think that high rock will be muddy with a lot of trash. IMO. Have a good week off, hope you have good luck fishing.
    boots

Post Thanks / Like

thanks special K and yea boots im hoping by next week water will clear some but I know could be more rain coming this time of year
    KI4SYJ

Post Thanks / Like

hello dirtrooster,how yall been?if you go to the rock you should be able to catch a bunch of fish,may be small are for me.if you are at the rock you are only a few miles from tuckertown res.another good lake.we still havent decided where we are going this yr.

Post Thanks / Like

check your pms rooster

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

If I had a week off, and wanted to camp, I would go to Rocks Pond Campground on Santee in SC. Santee is on FIRE now. I was in SC this past week end, and saw pictures of a limit for 2 people (40 fish) that all weighed 2lbs or more and about half were 3lbs or more.

Monk

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for that info monk I never even crossed my mind to go south. ive always stayed away from santee because of the stumps and bad stories of when the wind comes up. I may have to do some research about santee.
    KI4SYJ

Post Thanks / Like

It dont get no better than santee for fishing.
    "With God all things are Possible"