Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed or open carry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Concealed or open carry

Nothing in my area yet but, I can see how this will help people that are traveling. I do not give my money to businesses who are not gun friendly. This gun control issues has got my attention this time. Here is a link that might help you fellows, possibly.

Friend or Foe - Pro and Anti Gun Business Database

Post Thanks / Like

88 whiners hit this thread and nothing to say. Yall though it was going to be poilitical,didn't you?

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox View Post
    88 whiners hit this thread and nothing to say. Yall though it was going to be poilitical,didn't you?
    Good one Pox.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of opening a new business that provides breast milk for older men.

Quote Originally Posted by Don G View Post
    Good one Pox.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what you are looking for here but I carry concealed much of the time and have a sign at the front door of my taxidermy studio that says guns are welcome here. I guess I could be accused of preaching to the choir.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Concealed or open carry

Great, you ought to register and put your business in there as gun friendly. Kudos to you. I just thought it might be something fellow gunners would like to scan over. I just bought a membership to Cosco, they don't like guns, therefore they don't like my money either.

Sent from my Obama phone

Post Thanks / Like

The nearest ones shown around here are for Memphis. Nothing in Jonesboro.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got to check it out. Not a lot of business shown in my area, but FriendorFoe seems to be getting more exposure, so maybe there will be more ratings posted.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

88 whiners and here I am with no cheese! Never gave it a thought really, but it would make people and business owners think. Carry or not carry. Open or not at all. Yes, or no. Do you want my money or not!? OK.
    I don't conceal, I don't personally carry at all, except, a pump shotgun that goes where I go, but I never carry it in a store. I don't think that would matter to me,,... if I need it, and they got it, I'll buy it. Simple and as complicated as that. If someone went crazy in a store with other people in it and some carry conceal permit holder had a gun and went blazing away to shoot the nut, innocent people could get hurt! The carry conceal instructors can see if you shoot accurately , and can safely handle a gun, but what is left out,,... is the training to know what to "do" to kill someone,,..lawfully!,,... and still be safe so that others don't get hurt! Sure a person has a right to protect himself but it is different when some thug is hurting others to know when and how to safely, (towards non targets),,... inact deadly force! Anyone who does not have a mental problem or addicted to drugs or a felony arrest record or what ever,,... can get a concealed carry permit,,... saw them advertised for $75 locally today in a paper. How many out of a hundred, that hit a bulls eye, center mass, on target, and could "accurately" shoot a person to death, really knows what is the law when you shoot a person to death, and how many would just shoot so that they could say they shot someone that was robbing a store or a bank or whatever. Nope, on that issue it don't matter, I will shop where I need to, anti or not, concealed or not,,...but I ain't no whiner, nor anti-gunner! Good luck on your project though. IMO,,.. Am I off subject here stating my opinion? If I am then so be it, these are my feelings on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bytizawn View Post
    Anyone who does not have a mental problem or addicted to drugs or a felony arrest record or what ever,,... can get a concealed carry permit,,... saw them advertised for $75 locally today in a paper.
    That may be the case where you live, but in Tennessee, you must attend class, pass a written exam and pass a firing range test. Not trying to provoke you here, but it's not as simple as you may think.

I personally believe that one assumes a huge amount of responsibility when the decision is made to carry a weapon. There are continuing classes available for every level of shooter. Does everybody take those classes? Of course not. How many out of a hundred that can hit a bullseye could accurately shoot a person to death? I don't know. Live targets are frowned upon, so nobody knows the answer to that question until they're put in that situation, including law enforcement personnel and our soldiers.

Ponder this for a moment - you're in Chili's restaurant and all of a sudden some po'd boyfriend comes in with a gun looking for his GF and threatening to start shooting. Suddenly, a dozen folks have their firearms out and aimed at this guy, because Chili's is a CCW friendly restaurant. What happens next? It's definitely a crap shoot as to what he will do, but if I'm one of the people in that restaurant, I'm thinking that my chances of walking out of there alive just got better.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast