Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Guntersville, 14 Mar

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Guntersville, 14 Mar

Got a chance to link up with GoneCrappieFishing this afternoon late, and got some long line trolling in before dark. We found some fish in 6 FOW and used double rigs with a 1/24 and 1/32 tied on. We finished with 24 nice fish that we kept. Threw several fish back that were keepers we only kept fish that were 10" and up. Using Southern pro curly tailed jigs, blue and chartreuse, junebug, acid rain, creme sicle and weiss lk killers were the predominant colors. Some of the fish were starting to get dark. No tails worn down on the bed yet, but surprised to see the darker color. The water temp was 54.5 late in the day. Thanks for a great day on the water GoneCrappieFishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch. I have never fished there and always wondered if the heavy prespawn bass were worth the drive up from Birmingham. I wouldn't mind putting some of those crappie in the peanut oil either!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bobs fish

Trip was my pleasure. I enjoyed the afternoon as well. Here's a photo I took of a double Bob caught. Guntersville will be in the future for sure, especially for some spring time fishing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Job guys!
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I thought I had Moby Dick on when I picked that rod up. Amazing how much preasure two fish can load on a rod! Even funnier was trying to net those fish. When the top fish went in the net, we realized the bottom fish was still swimming around and had 5' of line to play with, so I had to lift the first fish high out of the net so we could net the bottom fish and then I lowered the top fish back into the net. It was pretty darn funny we were laughing like crazy as we were trying to figure it out in the heat of battle. LoL

Post Thanks / Like

Great report! Looks like y'all had some good fun!
    James 1:5