Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Riverview Campground on Guntersville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Riverview Campground on Guntersville

Anyone had any experiences with this campground? May put camper there for a while but was looking for input before I made the leap.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

No info for you with that campground, but are you wanting to stay on the downriver side of the lake? The state park is back open for business, kind of in the middle of the lake, so a little easier to go up and down stream. I thought they did the long terms, but just not let you stay right at the water when you did so.
    Team "Itch N 2 Fish"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post
    No info for you with that campground, but are you wanting to stay on the downriver side of the lake? The state park is back open for business, kind of in the middle of the lake, so a little easier to go up and down stream. I thought they did the long terms, but just not let you stay right at the water when you did so.
    The spot I am looking at at Riverview is right on the water (last one available), I can beach the boat right at the camper, and rate is alot better than the State Park. It is also only 30 minutes from the house and I can get both boats there fairly easy if needed. I want to concentrate on learning the lake downstream right now anyway. I may eventually start moving up and if I just have to I can trailer. The location will be great for my night fishing trips.
    It does lack a little in amentities but I think I can get past these. Just trying to see if there was something I was missing.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a bad place, but gets busy during the summer. That little slough is a waverunner and skier treat and has constant boating. Also, the ramp at the county park just down from there is a piece of crap, a good tire smasher. I think the ramp at riverview is much better and there is a dock there. I have never launched there, but have fished that place all of my life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ALDUCK2 View Post
    It's not a bad place, but gets busy during the summer. That little slough is a waverunner and skier treat and has constant boating. Also, the ramp at the county park just down from there is a piece of crap, a good tire smasher. I think the ramp at riverview is much better and there is a dock there. I have never launched there, but have fished that place all of my life.
    Thanks. I looked at the ramp and it looks ok, not the biggest but it will work.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle